Description of Your Pregnancy and Childbirth: Month to Month
Take charge of your pregnancy. For trusted advice, turn to Your Pregnancy and Childbirth: Month to Month from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
This fully revised edition of Your Pregnancy and Childbirth: Month to Month offers the latest medical guidelines in straightforward, easy-to-read language to help you make the best decisions for you and your pregnancy. You can trust that the information you read is supported by medical research and the everyday experience of ob-gyns who have cared for millions of pregnant women.
Your Pregnancy and Childbirth encourages you to
- learn about prepregnancy health and planning, pregnancy, labor and delivery, and the postpartum period
- use the information you learn to talk with your ob-gyn and others who may care for you during pregnancy
- be an empowered, active decision-maker in your care
Medical information has been updated, and new illustrations have been added. A chapter of Frequently Asked Questions also has been added in response to reader feedback. And new for this edition are important tools that you can use when talking with your ob-gyn, including
- a medical history form to review before your first prenatal care visit
- a form to track possible exposure to toxic or harmful things at home or work
- a checklist for tracking symptoms or concerns during the postpartum period
- a chart to note contact information for friends, family, and health care providers who will help you during the postpartum period
Pregnancy is a life-changing experience. Get the answers and support you need from Your Pregnancy and Childbirth: Month to Month.
About the Author
Founded in 1951, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (The College) is the specialty’s premier professional membership organization dedicated to the improvement of women’s health.
Read more about: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists