Thoroughly revised, this handy manual is filled with practical advice for the entire cardiac care team. It covers all aspects of care of the surgical heart patient―from preoperative assessment to postoperative management to treatment protocols.
- Chapters written by both nurses and doctors emphasize the critical care team approach to cardiac surgery to improve patient outcomes and provide useful, practical information for every clinical setting.
- A logical organization, including individual sections on preoperative, operative, and postoperative issue speeds to the information you need.
- The latest details on coronary artery disease
- fluid, electrolyte, and renal function
- management of postoperative cardiac arrhythmias
- mechanical devices
- and postoperative myocardial ischemia enhance your clinical acumen.
- An updated appendix of Management Summaries keeps you current on the latest in care.
- New images and line drawings illuminate key steps to help you master every procedure.