Surgical strategies for complex problems in upper extremity trauma
Thieme congratulates David L. Helfet on being chosen by New York magazine for its prestigious ‘Best Doctors 2017′ list.
Written by leading trauma surgeons, Solutions for Complex Upper Extremity Trauma is a state-of-the-art reference for current best practices for managing acute and chronic trauma and reconstructive problems post-trauma in the upper extremity. Chapters are arranged according to the anatomic location of the problem, progressing from the shoulder girdle down to the forearm. Each chapter presents authoritative coverage of anatomy, etiology, nonoperative treatments, surgical techniques, rehabilitation, and outcomes. Ideal as both a textbook and a review prior to surgery, Solutions for Complex Upper Extremity Trauma provides all the essential information for successful patient care.
- Clinical insights from internationally recognized authorities in the field
- Comprehensive coverage of both acute and chronic situations
- Recommendations for handling special situations, including history of prior surgeries and bone loss, and other comorbidities, such as osteopenia and rheumatoid arthritis
- Guidelines for managing complications, such as infection, instability, stiffness, and neurologic symptoms
- More than 250 high-quality photographs and drawings that demonstrate technical concepts and key points
This unique book, complete with expert insights and focused, in-depth coverage of trauma to the upper extremity, is ideal for orthopedic and trauma surgeons at all levels of experience, residents, and fellows.