Respiratory Care Clinical Competency Lab Manual provides the practical skills needed to apply classroom theory to clinical practice. This text has the flexibility to be used in conjunction with all other respiratory care titles, as well as in other disciplines that require competencies in respiratory therapy. With detailed, step-by-step procedures, supporting procedural illustrations, hands-on lab exercises, case studies, and critical thinking questions, this text helps you understand and apply theoretical knowledge by demonstrating specific skills. Procedural competency evaluation forms help you to assess your progress and performance of specific procedures.
- Detailed, structured lab activities provide hands-on opportunities to assess psychomotor and patient communication skills in a controlled environment.
- Content correlation to NBRC combined CRT/RRT exam content outlines helps you better prepare for credentialing exams.
- Step-by-step procedural competencies prepare you for the RT competency areas established by the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) and meet the national practice standards for patient care.
- Up-to-date coverage of current technology, equipment, Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs), CPR guidelines, and CDC recommendations, and mass casualty/disaster management equips you with the most state-of-the-art training for respiratory care.
- Integration of case-based questions within the lab activities helps youdevelop and promote your critical thinking abilities.
- UNIQUE! Coverage of polysomnography addresses clinical evaluation in this expanding specialty area.
- Over 200 images provide visual guidance on how to perform procedures.
- UNIQUE! Reality Check boxes arm you withpractical knowledge on real-world application of various procedures.
- UNIQUE! Tip boxes supply you with helpful pointers for the clinical arena.
- Glossary of terms offers quick reference to terms presented in the text.
Read more about: Sandra T Hinski