Pathology Case Reports: Beyond the Pearls 1st Edition
Description of Pathology Case Reports: Beyond the Pearls
Pathology Case Reports: Beyond the Pearls is a case-based reference that covers the key material essential for USMLE and exam preparation. Focusing on the practical information you need to know, it teaches how to analyze a clinical vignette, sharpening your clinical decision-making skills and helping you formulate an evidence-based approach to realistic patient scenarios.
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Covers core, high-yield content in a practical, concise, easy-to-read manner.
- Features case scenarios, clinical pearls, tables, imaging, microscopic and gross illustrations, as well as Beyond the Pearls tips and secrets (all evidence-based with references) that provide deep coverage of core material.
- Teaches how to learn with a patient-focused, clinical approach, including a thorough discussion of the underlying pathology for every case.
- Includes questions throughout the case that put you in the physician’s place and demonstrate the decision making that is needed both in the hospital and on exams.
- Cases have been carefully chosen and cover scenarios and questions frequently encountered on the USMLE, shelf exams, and clinical practice, integrating both basic science and clinical pearls.
- Written and edited by experienced teachers and clinicians; each case has been reviewed by board certified attending/practicing physicians.
- Case Reports: Beyond the Pearls titles are ideal for all medical students, especially those in case-based, problem-based, or integrated courses, and during clinical rotations.
- Student Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
About the Author
Monisha Bhanote is a triple board certified physician with expertise in Anatomic/Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology and Integrative Medicine. She has experience working in private practice and academia for over two decades implementing best practices for clinicians. She has been featured in numerous online publications, educational courses and medical journals.
David Hicks is a senior faculty member at the U of Rochester and has contributed to and authored Elsevier texts. He is Director of IHC-ISH Laboratory and Breast Subspecialty Service at URMC. His innovative approaches to improving efficiency and quality in surgical pathology have been highlighted in publications and invited lectures sponsored by national pathology organizations.
There are no reviews yet.