Written in the proven Secrets® question-and-answer format, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Secrets, 3rd Edition is an authoritative source for the effective and safe practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS) — and the ideal preparation tool for clinical rotations, exams, and board certification in OMS.
Thoroughly revised and updated with the most current clinical information, this new edition provides dental students, OMS residents, and clinicians with practical tips, answers, and secrets from OMS experts. Best of all, it fits in your lab coat pocket so you can consult it wherever you go!
- Over 2,300 questions and answers offer valuable pearls, tips, memory aids, and secrets from oral and maxillofacial surgery experts in a concise, easy-to-read format.
- Popular and trusted Secrets® question-and-answer format helps you better understand the questions you are asked and provides you with perspective for the questions you ask yourself.
- Edited by two highly respected leaders in oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS), with chapters written by internationally recognized experts in the field, makingthis an authoritative resource for the safe and effective practice of OMS.
- Convenient pocket size means you can consult this book wherever you go and carry it in your lab coat.
- NEW! 13 all-new chapters bring you the most current clinical information on recent advances in the science and practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- NEW! Cosmetic Surgery section covers the evaluation of the aging face, forehead/belpharoplasty, facelift/neck, rhinoplasty, and non-invasive cosmetic procedures.
- NEW! Updated Secrets® two-color design highlights questions, tables, boxes, and bulleted lists so you can find information more easily.
About the Author
Dr. A. Omar Abubaker, DMD, PhD is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Dentistry, and he completed his residency training and a fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Presbyterian University Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. He has been on the Faculty at VCU School of Dentistry and Medical Center since 1991. He is certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and the American Board of Dental Anesthesiology.