Ackley’s Nursing Diagnosis Handbook 12th Edition Revised Reprint with 2021-2023 NANDA-I© Updates helps you select appropriate nursing diagnoses and write care plans with ease and confidence. This convenient handbook shows how to correlate nursing diagnoses with known information about clients on the basis of assessment findings, established medical or psychiatric diagnoses, and the current treatment plan.
Revised and updated with 2021-2023 NANDA-I© approved nursing diagnoses, Nursing Diagnosis Handbook 12th Edition integrates NIC and NOC taxonomies, evidence-based nursing interventions, and adult, pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, home care, safety, and client/family teaching and discharge planning considerations to help you create unique, individualized care plans.
- Step-by-step instructions show how to use the Guide to Nursing Diagnoses and Guide to Planning Care sections to create a unique, individualized plan of care.
- Care plans are provided for NANDA-I© approved nursing diagnoses.
- Evidence-based interventions and rationales include recent or classic research and references supporting the use of each intervention.
- Examples of and suggested NIC interventions and NOC outcomes are presented in each care plan.
- 150 NCLEX® exam-style review questions are available on the Evolve website.
- Easy-to-follow Sections I and II guide you through the nursing process and selection of appropriate nursing diagnoses.
- Clear, concise interventions are usually only a sentence or two long and use no more than two references.
- Safety content emphasizes what must be considered to provide safe patient care.
- List of NANDA-I© Diagnoses on the inside front cover of the book provides quick reference to page numbers.
- Alphabetical thumb tabs allow quick access to specific symptoms and nursing diagnoses.
- Appendixes provide valuable information in an easy-to-access location.
- Comprehensive, up-to-date information is included on the new 2021-2023 NANDA-I© approved nursing diagnoses.
- Updated NIC/NOC, interventions, and rationales are provided for every care plan.
- Interventions reorganized by priority help you quickly identify the information you need.
- Section I: Gender identity discussion includes information about the caregiver’s responsibility.
- Section II covers bullying, gender dysphoria, medical marijuana, military families/personnel, opioid use/abuse, service animals, technology addiction, and veterans.
- Concept map creator is added.