Description of Hepatology at a Glance
Hepatology at a Glance is an accessible, illustrated introduction to this increasingly important specialty. This brand new title helps the reader to develop a solid understanding of liver disease, and to recognise, diagnose and treat all types of routinely encountered liver and biliary disorders. It covers key areas such as the development, structure and function of the liver, transplantation, surgery and nutrition. Common cases of liver disorders and scenario, and the management of rarer diseases and disorders in special patient groups such as the pregnant are included.
Hepatology at a Glance:
- Is a unique and concise resource on hepatology created for junior medical staff
- Maintains a practical emphasis, with advice on history, examination and clinical testing
- Includes clinical scenarios, with self-assessment questions and full explanations to answers
- Follows the curriculum set by and with the support of the British Society of Gastroenterology
- Includes a companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/hepatology featuring 30 MCQs
Providing guidance on all vital aspects of the specialty, Hepatology at a Glance is a succinct and accessible summative resource to enable a thorough understanding of the field.
About the Author
Deepak Joshi is Post CCT Fellow in Hepato-Biliary Medicine, University College Hospital, London.
Geri Keane is Clinical Research Fellow, Institute for Liver and Digestive Health, University College London.
Alison Brind is Consultant Gastroenterologist with interest in Hepatology, University Hospital of North Midlands, Stoke on Trent.