Description of Handbook of Dialysis Therapy
Providing practical, immediately useful guidelines that can be applied directly to patient care, Handbook of Dialysis Therapy is a must-have resource for all dialysis caregivers. This new edition has been updated with the latest cutting-edge technology, dialysis techniques, and complications related to various diseases for both pediatric and adult patients. In-depth yet concise, it explains complex dialysis concepts through abundant diagrams, photos, line drawings, and tables, while its readable hands-on approach allows for quick review of key information.
- Presents the practice-proven experience of top experts in the field of dialysis treatment.
- Offers dialysis guidance for both adult and pediatric patients in one convenient source.
- Features a readable hands-on approach, allowing you to quickly review the complicated concepts of dialysis.
- Includes helpful annotated bibliography lists in each section for further in-depth research on any subject.
- Explains complex dialysis concepts through abundant diagrams, photos, line drawings, and tables.
- Features new chapters on care delivery, patient-centric care, rehabilitation, quality of life, geriatrics, and interventional nephrology.
- Includes information on the management of the pediatric patient undergoing dialysis.
- Defines the quality imperatives, roles, and responsibilities of dialysis facility medical directors and attending nephrologists.
- Updates nephrologistson the latest alternative dialysis modalities.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
About the Author
Dr. Richard E. Fine received his Bachelor’s and PhD degrees in Biochemistry from University of California at Berkeley and Brandeis University respectively. He then was a postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Francis Crick and Sydney Brenner at the Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge, U.K.