The gold-standard guide from the AAP and ACOG — newly updated and more valuable than ever!
The new 7th Edition gives you a single place to look for the most recent and most trustworthy recommendations on quality care of pregnant women, their fetuses, and their neonates. Jointly developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), this unique resource addresses the full spectrum of perinatal medicine from both the obstetric and pediatric standpoints.
Guidelines for Perinatal Care has been revised and updated to reflect current scientific data, professional opinion, and clinical advances.
Important new material in the 7th Edition includes:
- Evidence-based recommendations for safe, effective diagnostic and therapeutic interventions in both maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology
- Evidence-based recommendations for optimizing regional perinatal care systems
- Expanded coverage on prenatal care of women with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Updates guidelines on immunization, nutrition, diet, weight gain, and the prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease
- New information on planned home birth and underwater births
- Expanded coverage on obstetric and medical complications and evidence-based recommendations to guide clinical practice
- Updated recommendations on neonatal resuscitation, screening and management of hyperbilirubinemia, and neonatal drug withdrawal
- New chapter on quality improvement and patient safety
- Expanded coverage on neonatal intensive care unit data collection; rapid cycle improvement; and quality improvement collaboratives and much more
About the Author
AAP Committee on Fetus and Newborn, the American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization of 66,000 primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists and pediatric surgical specialists dedicated to the health, safety and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults. The AAP is the largest pediatric publisher in the world, with a diverse list of resources that includes essential clinical and practice management titles and award-winning books for parents.