Fundamentals of Aerospace Medicine 5th Edition
Description of Fundamentals of Aerospace Medicine
Selected as a Doody’s Core Title for 2022!
Encompassing all occupants of aircraft and spacecraft—passengers and crew, military and civilian—Fundamentals of Aerospace Medicine, 5th Edition, addresses all medical and public health issues involved in this unique medical specialty.
Comprehensive coverage includes everything from human physiology under flight conditions to the impact of the aviation industry on public health, from an increasingly mobile global populace to numerous clinical specialty considerations, including a variety of common diseases and risks emanating from the aerospace environment. This text is an invaluable reference for all students and practitioners who engage in aeromedical clinical practice, engineering, education, research, mission planning, population health, and operational support.
- Features eight new chapters including Precision Medicine, Musculoskeletal System and Performance, Human Spaceflight Mishaps and Incidents, and Crew Escape and Survival Systems.
- Covers important approaches to Human System Integration and Risk Management, as well as Aeromedical Certification.
- Addresses important aeromedical issues involving agricultural aviation, military aviation, long-duration spaceflight, and commercial spaceflight.
- An excellent review tool for the American Board of Preventive Medicine – Aerospace Medicine certification exam and Continuing Certification, with outstanding contributions from a team of expert scientists and medical providers.
- Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
There are no reviews yet.