Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapeutics: Abridged and Updated provides current, on-the-spot information on how to use every approved cardiovascular drug in adults and children, and the scientific rationale for their clinical use.
A clinical distillation of the editors’ comprehensive and highly respected Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapeutics 3rd edition textbook, this treatment-centered abridgement features:
- Indications, contraindications, dosage, side effects, pharmacokinetics, and adverse reactions for all approved cardiovascular drugs, including the newest therapeutic agents to become available
- Rationales and usage guidelines for cardiovascular therapeutic strategies
- Abundant tables and charts that summarize important clinical choices
- Handy appendices that review approved uses of cardiovascular agents and their pharmacologic characteristics
- Considerations for managing patients on multi-drug regimens
- Details on drug-drug interaction
- Updated information on alternative medicine approaches to cardiovascular disease.
This book is an abridged and updated version of Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapeutics. Compared to the hardcover 3rd edition, it excludes part 1 (with the exception of the first chapter), includes all of part 2, excludes part 3 (with the exception of chapters 30 and 31), and includes appendices 1 and 2; appendices 3-8 are excluded.
About the Author
William H. Frishman, MD, MACP; Barbara and William Rosenthal Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine Chairman, and Professor of Pharmacology, New York Medical College; Director of Medicine, Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, New York
Domenic A. Sica, MD; Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology, Chairman, Section of Clinical Pharmacology and Hypertension, Division of Nephrology, Virginia Commonwealth University