Athletic Training Student Primer: A Foundation for Success 3rd Edition
Description of Athletic Training Student Primer: A Foundation for Success
Athletic Training Student Primer: A Foundation for Success, Third Edition is a dynamic text that provides students with a foundation upon which they can build their athletic training knowledge and develop an authentic understanding of the rewards and challenges of the athletic training profession.
The Third Edition of Athletic Training Student Primer: A Foundation for Success by Andrew P. Winterstein builds upon previous editions in providing a mix of foundational athletic training knowledge coupled with human interest information to help guide students in their decision-making process when contemplating a career. This Third Edition breaks the mold of other introductory athletic training texts by including answers to many “real-life” athletic training situations.
The Third Edition is broken into four sections that cover all different aspects of the profession:
- Understanding athletic training
- Common injuries and conditions
- Planning, prevention, and care
- Preparing for success
Further expanding the learning process, included with each new textbook purchase is access to a companion website that includes videos, a glossary, and various web resources.
Updated Features Include:
- New injury spotlights for the upper and lower extremity and general medical conditions
- Updated information from athletic training students on keys to success
- New career spotlights from athletic trainers working in a broad range of career settings
- Updated information on historic changes in athletic training, including the upcoming transition to master’s degree for professional preparation
- Updated web resources
- Additional resources for instructors
- Complete redesign of text layout and updated images
Athletic Training Student Primer: A Foundation for Success, Third Edition is a must have for students taking the first step into a career in athletic training.
About the Author
Andrew P. Winterstein, PhD, ATC is a distinguished clinical professor in the Department of Kinesiology at the University of Wisconsin–Madison where he currently serves as the program director of the athletic training professional preparation program. A graduate of the University of Arizona, University of Oregon, and UW–Madison, Dr. Winterstein has been active in athletic training patient care and educational programming at UW–Madison since 1986.
Read more about: Andrew P. Winterstein
There are no reviews yet.