Advanced Techniques in Musculoskeletal Medicine & Physiotherapy: using minimally invasive therapies in practice
Advanced Techniques in Musculoskeletal Medicine & Physiotherapy is a brand new, highly illustrated guide to the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. It demonstrates how to safely and effectively use selected minimally invasive therapies in practice. In addition to more well-established techniques such as acupuncture or dry needling, this ground-breaking resource also covers techniques including intratissue percutaneous electrolysis, mesotherapy, percutaneous needle tenotomy, and high volume image guided injections. Other featured chapters include those on specific musculoskeletal ultrasound such as sonoanatomy and ultrasound-guided procedures.
Each chapter describes the principles, indications and contraindications, mechanisms of action and detailed outlines of techniques with an emphasis throughout on accessible practical information. Additionally, methodologies, research results and summaries of studies for particular minimally invasive therapies are presented. The book is also supported by a companion website – www.advancedtechniquesonline.com – containing procedural video clips, a full colour image library and interactive multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- skills-based and clinically-oriented – reinforced by the latest contemporary scientific medical research
- chapters on outcomes in clinical practice
- indications and contraindications discussed
- clinical cases, key terms and key points boxes used throughout
- companion website – www.advancedtechniquesonline.com – containing procedural video clips, full colour image bank and interactive MCQs